Course Title: Maintain infection prevention for skin penetration treatments
National Course Code: HLTINF005
This unit is offered to those in need of skills and knowledge relating to Health Care, Infection Control Standards and Practice, Policies, Procedures and controlling Regulations.
Safety issues relating to Client Management, Record Keeping, Sterilisation and Safe Personal Clinic Practice are also studied. The course requires analysis and verification of workplace practice.
There are no re-requisites for this course.
The course includes eight elements of study relating to Infection Control, Clinic Practice and Records, Personal Safety, Occupational/Workplace Health & Safety Issues, Sterilisation and Waste Management.
Elements for the unit covered are:
- HLTIN402C/01 Implement and maintain infection control practices and infection risk containment
- HLTIN402C/02 Monitor and maintain cleanliness of environment
- HLTIN402C/03 Maintain personal protection
- HLTIN402C/04 Undertake infection control measures during procedures & treatments
- HLTIN402C/05 Clean and sterilise instruments, equipment & implantable items
- HLTIN402C/06 Maintain steriliser equipment
- HLTIN402C/07 Maintain awareness of implications of premises layout and maintenance for control of
- HLTIN402C/08 Comply with infection control regulations and standards, and related legal obligations measures infection risks
This unit is available by self paced correspondence and/or one day contact.
- Multiple choice and questions and answers via online learning portal.
- Demonstration of skills and knowledge-practical observations Infection control procedures and set up.
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will have:
- In-depth knowledge of Health, Safety and Hygiene in the Studio
- The Control of Blood Borne Viruses
- Protection in the Industry and appropriate Policies and Procedures for your Studio
- Ongoing support
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
The total cost of the course is $499 per participant and a deposit of 40% is required upon enrolment, with full payment due on course commencement.
All major cities, Australia wide.
Click here to begin the enrolment process.