National Course Code:
Leadership is no longer about issuing orders and expecting them to be followed although this style of leadership still exists. In certain contexts, such as in times of crisis, it is still effective.
The majority of organisations require the best leadership, which demands a multitude of skill sets and a willingness to work in the best interests of staff, consumers and other stakeholders. This course is designed to inform you about what can be done to extend and develop your capacity as a leader in your organisation. The incentive for doing so is evident; those who are well-led are more productive, more motivated and have a greater idea of where they are heading and why. A well-led organisation can remain streamlined and competitive by facing change as a unified whole, rather than as a collection of individuals.
This training course will cover the following topics:
- The Nature of Leadership
- Six theories of leadership, leaders and power, three levels of leadership
- The Leader in Today's Business Environment
- Impact of change, difference between leadership and management
- Key Skills and Competences - a perfect leader, what your organisation needs
- Your Leadership Approach - factors that will influence your approach to leadership, identify your leadership style, styles compared, importance of adapting your style, creating personal impact, your leadership network, your leadership brand
- Leaders and Followers - types of followers and their expectations, creating a sense of belonging and identity among followers, the three E's expected of leaders, leader as a coach and mentor
- Leaders and Teams - leader's team role, different types of teams examined, team development, building high-performance teams
- Leaders and Vision - creating vision, articulating and communicating the vision, inspiring others
- Leaders and Influence - what influencing involves, the influencing process model, skills and qualities required, developing a strategy
- Leaders and Change - a process for leading change, awareness of the need to change, creating a change mindset in others, communicating change messages, supporting the process
- Final thoughts - ten hot tips for effective leaders
- Identification of your natural leadership style
- Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your style
- Understanding and coming to terms with other styles
- Understanding how and why individuals differ in their leadership style
- Adapting your leadership style to the situation in hand
- Leadership and management – the difference
- Effective planning, organising and prioritizing
- The keys to communication as a leader
- People development and coaching
- Team development and team roles
- Understanding your team’s needs
This workshop runs for 2 days.
The total cost of the course is $699 + GST and includes refreshments.
All major cities, Australia wide.
For more information of when the next course is being run please contact our head office on 1300 552 044 or see the course schedule. We have space for only 20 business owners or managers/employees per workshop.