Eze Training follows strict privacy policies in conjunction with Privacy Laws updated in 2014. All forms, files, results and records of any student are deemed confidential under the new Privacy laws. Records are accessible only to relevant staff members of Eze Training and only for relevant and appropriate use. This means your records can only be released to other parties with your written permission, (or in circumstances as dictated by law).
The Privacy 1988 (2014 update) prevents Eze Training from providing any student details to any person other than the student. All matters in relation to enrolment, results, fees or any other issue, can only be discussed with the student unless the enrolment form is signed by a third party, or a letter of permission from the student is provided allowing access to the student’s information. Similarly, the Act prevents us from providing any Trainer/Assessor or Consultant details to any student or other persons regardless of the situation.
In the case of corporate clients Eze Training will release your details or records to your company representative or an individual wishing to gain access to your records on your behalf. It is entirely your decision whether or not you agree to a request for access to your records and/or personal information.
Our RTO will ensure that your information remains private and we have systems in place to ensure that your personal information is managed, stored and released in a secure manner and in accordance with privacy laws.
Eze Training Pty Ltd is required to provide both Federal and State Government, through the Department, with student and training activity data which may include information provided in your enrolment form. Information is required to be provided in accordance with the Federal and State Regulations and Guidelines The Department may use the information provided to it for planning, administration, policy development, program evaluation, resource allocation, reporting and/or research activities. For these and other lawful purposes, the Department may also disclose information to its consultants, advisers, other government agencies, professional bodies and/or other organisations.
For Victorian Students only:
The Education and Training Reform Act 2006 requires Eze Training Pty Ltd to collect and disclose your personal information for a number of purposes including the allocation of a Victorian Student Number and updating my personal information on the Victorian Student Register. Information is required to be provided in accordance with the Victorian VET Student Statistical Collection Guidelines (which are available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/training/providers/rto/Pages/datacollection.aspx).
It is a requirement to advise Victorian students they may be contacted and requested to participate in a National Centre for Vocational Education Research survey or a Department-endorsed project or audit or review.
Eze Training follows strict confidentiality policies and we do not discuss or disclose any information about a participant’s situation that relates to their participation in our training courses. In the event that a participant discloses any information about a particular situation they might be facing we keep this information confidential and do not discuss or disclose this information to others without the participants consent.
We are subject to a variety of legislation related to training and assessment as well as general business practice. This legislation governs our obligations as a Registered Training Organisation, our obligations to you as our clients, and relates to the industry that we are conducting training for.
This legislation is continually being updated and all staff are made aware of any changes.
Current legislation is available online at http://www.austlii.edu.au and http://www.dms.dpc.vic.gov.au/
The legislation that particularly effects your participation in Vocational Education and Training includes:
- National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2012
- Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986
- Disability Standards for Education 2005
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Racial Hatred Act 1995
- Racial Discrimination Act 1975
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984
- Privacy Act And National Privacy Principles (2001)
- Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012
- Privacy Regulation 2013
- Skilling Australia's Workforce Act 2005
- Skilling Australia's Workforce (Repeal and Transitional Provisions) Act 2005.
State Based Legislation
- National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2012
- Adult, Community and Further Education Act 1991
- Tertiary Education Act 1993
- Children and Young Persons Act 1989
- Equal Opportunity Act 1995
- Workers Compensation Act 1958
- Workers Compensation Regulations 1995
- Dangerous Goods Act 1985
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004
- Copyright Act, 1879. 42 Vic No 20 (modified 2002)
- Sex Offenders Registration Act 2004
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulation 2001
- Blue book - Infectious Diseases Epidemiology & Surveillance
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exist on all texts and documentation relating to Eze Training Pty Ltd Services and full extend of the course content.
We have several different ways of communicating; phone and email. These and other contact information can be found on our ‘Contact Us’ link on our website or via our literature.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information received from Eze Training Pty Ltd is provided on an ‘as is’ basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law this company:
- Excludes all representations and warranties relating to our course content or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in the company’s literature; and
- Excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your attending our training. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
Eze Training Pty Ltd does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent of the permitted law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Cancellations and Refunds
Eze training will provide a refund to a student/s where the refund request is fair and reasonable.
- If the student cancels within 30 days of the course commencement, in writing, the 50% deposit will be refunded.
- The student is required to apply in writing to the CEO requesting a refund.
- Written requests for refunds must be made within 14 days of the actual cancellation/withdrawal.
- 50% deposit is not refundable unless cancellation is advised by the student within 30 days of course commencement, or if the course is cancelled by Eze Training Pty Ltd
- If the student cancels within 5 days prior to the commencement of the course, in writing the balance of tuition fee is not required to be paid.
- If a student withdraws from the course more than 2 days after commencement and before all fees have been paid, the balance of fees becomes payable within 7 days of withdrawal.
- The student can apply for a 50% refund if they withdraw from the course within 2 days of the course commencement.
- As a matter of ethical conduct it becomes evident that it would be impossible for the student to successfully complete a particular course, Eze Training will provide a refund of 50% of course fees.
- Eze Training reserves the right to cancel any course at its own discretion. Should this occur, we will refund full course fees, including any deposit to students enrolled in the course.
- If a course is cancelled by Eze Training or the course commencement date is postponed by more than 4 weeks Eze training will provide a full refund, unless Eze Training can make alternative arrangements acceptable to the student.
- If Eze Training ceases operation before a student completes their study we will refund the tuition fees for active student and current enrolments.
- Requests for refunds will be addressed and actioned within 10 days of receipt of the written request.
- Requests for refunds may be through email, or letter. Information to be provided in all requests should contain:
- Student Name
- Contact details, including phone, email (if applicable) and home address
- Reason for refund request
- Course name
- Course date
- Evidence of payment
A refund will not be provided when:
- A student simply does not wish to continue with the course and they have attended for more than 2 days.
- A student does not attend the course without prior notice.
- The student wishes to withdraw from the course after 1 day and the course fee is less than $1000.
- Each refund request will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Eze Training may use discretion and approve refunds where exceptional circumstances apply.