Course in Specialist Body Piercing
National Course Code: 10019NAT
All of the units are designed to train you to safely offer body piercing in a professional clinic and have a thorough understanding of sterilisation and cross-contamination issues.
With this qualification you can seek employment in any health field or set up your own practice in body piercing.
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support (Level 1 First Aid) or higher.
There is extensive pre and post contact reading and assignments to be completed as well as compulsory attendance at the five days of face to face contact training time. You will be required to research and have knowledge of State legislation and regulations relevant to the State you are working in.
This course covers the following four units:
- HLTIN402C Maintain Infection Control in Office Practice Settings
- SIBBSKS505A Provide Upper Body Piercing
- SBPSBP001A Provide Specialist Body Piercing
- SBPCAP002A Provide clinical advice for body piercing
The course covers in theory and practice:
- 24 UPPER BODY SITE APPLICATIONS for Piercing
- Microdermal Implanting Techniques
- Clinical Practice & Required Set-up of a Professional Clinic
- Sterilisation Issues & Operations
- Professional & Legal Implications
- Client Welfare & Individualised Servicing
- Metal Compatibility for Implantation
- Cross Contamination Awareness & Safety Issues
- Safety & Skill with Equipment
- Consent, Records & Education
- Contra-indications & Post Piercing Issues, etc
5 days contact (not available for self-paced correspondence).
- Research, multiple choice and short answer assessment questions.
- Demonstration of skills and knowledge - four (4) practical observations of piercing, including 1 micro dermal piercing
- Self Reflection Log
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will have:
- Ability to competently perform 28 Upper Body Piercings and Micro Dermal Implants
- In-depth knowledge of Piercing Names, Placements and Appropriate Jewellery
- Health, Safety and Hygiene in the Studio including the Control of Blood Borne Viruses
- Cannula Needle Piercing Techniques
- Ongoing support
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
The total cost of the course is $2600 and a deposit of $1000 required upon enrolment, with remaining balance due on course commencement.
All major cities, Australia wide.
Click here to begin the enrolment process.